Get ready to make the most delicious sweet potato fries, recipe in your kitchen! These fries are not just yummy, but also good for you. Their natural sweetness and crispy exterior make them a fantastic twist on classic fries. You only need a few ingredients, and we’ll show you how to make them perfectly seasoned and extra crispy. Whether you’re having them as a side dish or a snack, these homemade sweet potato fries will be a hit! Let’s get started on making your new favorite treat.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicy kick
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
Instructions:for making sweet potato fries recipe
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). This high temperature helps to make the fries crispy.
- Prepare the Sweet Potatoes: Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into evenly sized-fries. Try to make them similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Season the Fries: Toss the sweet potato fries with olive oil in a large bowl until they are evenly coated.
- Mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl if you’re using it.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss until the fries are coated with the seasoning.
- Arrange on Baking Sheet: Line or lightly grease a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the seasoned sweet potato fries in a single layer on the baking sheet. Avoid overcrowding to ensure they crisp up.
- Bake in the Oven: Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, turning the fries halfway through the cooking time. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Check for doneness: The sweet potato fries are done when they are golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Serve warm. Once done, remove the sweet potato fries from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve them warm with your favourite dipping sauce, such as ketchup, aioli, or a yogurt-based dip.
Tips for Perfection:
- Uniform Cutting:
- To ensure even cooking, aim for uniform-sized cuts. This helps all the fries cook to perfection without some becoming too crispy or undercooked.
- Crispiness Trick:
- For extra crispiness, pat the sweet potato fries dry with a paper towel before tossing them in the seasoning. This helps remove excess moisture.
- Experiment with Seasonings:
- Feel free to get creative with seasonings. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for heat or a dash of cinnamon for a sweet and savoury flavour.
- If you have leftovers, reheat them in the oven for a few minutes to maintain their crispy texture. Please avoid using the microwave, as it can make them soggy.
- Creative Uses:
- Repurpose any leftover sweet potato fries into a breakfast hash, add them to a wrap, or toss them in a salad for added crunch and flavour.
Health Benefits of sweet potato fries recipe
- Nutrient-Rich Choice:
- Sweet potatoes are a nutrient-rich alternative to regular potatoes, packed with vitamins, fibre, and antioxidants.
- Balanced Meal Addition:
- Serve sweet potato fries as a side dish alongside grilled chicken, veggie burgers, or your favourite protein for a well-balanced meal.
- Kid-Friendly Snack:
- Kids often love the natural sweetness of sweet potato fries. It’s a great way to introduce a nutritious vegetable into their diet.