Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes are the perfect moist seasonal cupcakes with hot spices, crystallized ginger and rich cream cheese ginger.
These festive cupcakes take classic fall spices that you usually find in one Pumpkin pie or Pumpkin cookies and bake them into amazing Soft cakes. They are delicious, portable and perfect for an autumn party!
GRASS DIVE -CUPCAKES
Autumn is such a wonderful time of year for baking. Between Apple pie and Pumpkin Pie Spice all in all, there is no end to the way you can use the seasonal fruits and spices. In this cake recipe, we have used ginger and pumpkin for the ultimate fall flavor pairing.
These amazing cupcakes get their delicious flavors from pumpkin puree and hot spices like ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. The recipe requires only a tiny bit of each spice so you can enjoy soft pumpkin cupcakes without any of the flavors being too overwhelming. Hot ginger spice is also blended in the cream frosting for a seasonal and soothing flavor throughout the recipe.
With the delicious, tasty spices and ginger cream with ginger cream, these soft cakes will definitely become a favorite dessert recipe for the holidays. They are also light enough so you can make them enjoy a cupcake at any time. This is the perfect dessert to serve for a family gathering or potluck, and you can also make the tasty cupcakes as an unexpected Thanksgiving dessert. The delicious baby cakes make a child-friendly dessert, which is a nice change of pace from all the holiday pies.
SEVERAL LAWN CREATIONS
- Preparation time: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then line the muffin tins with paper liner.
- Cupcake dough: Add pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and granules in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients by hand, or use a hand-held paddle-mounted electric mixer to mix them. Sift flour, baking powder, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, teaspoon nutmeg, teaspoon allspice, teaspoon cloves and salt into your pumpkin mixture. If you are using a hand-held mixer, turn it to the lowest speed to mix the flour mixture into the dough. Stir until the dry ingredients are just combined. Fold in the crystallized ginger to finish.
- Baking time: Use a ¼ cup ice bowl to pour the dough into the muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes. To test if cupcakes are done, stick a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, take the cupcakes from the oven. Allow the non-frosted cupcakes to cool on a rack before adding the frosting.
- Ginger cream cheese frosting: Add softened cream cheese, butter, sour cream, vanilla extract and ground ginger to a blender or medium bowl. Beat at high speed for 1 minute until the cream cheese is light and fluffy. Add icing sugar one cup at a time and mix at the lowest speed for about 2 minutes until smooth. Transfer the cream cheese frosting to a spray bag and frost Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes.
Create another free account Save recipes
- Chocolate: For a rich chocolate flavor in your Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes, you can either mix mini chocolate chips into cupcake batter or melt chocolate to drip on top of cupcakes before serving.
- Brown sugar cream cheese frosting: You can also experiment with variations of the cream cheese for these perfect pumpkin cupcakes. To make a rich brown sugar frosting, simply whip ½ cup of brown sugar into the cream cheese mixture. Due to the extra sugar you can reduce the amount of powdered sugar. Just add icing sugar 1 cup at a time until it reaches a nice, fluffy consistency.
- Maple cream cheese frosting: To make maple cream cheese frosting, you can simply add a few drops of maple extract until it has your desired taste. This is easier than adding a maple syrup because it does not really change the consistency.
- Nuts: To give the moist cupcakes a slightly contrasting crisp texture, sprinkle chopped nuts over the top. Chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds would all work well.
MORE FAVORITE CUPCAKE Recipes
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Due to the frosting of the cream cheese, you should not leave these festive cupcakes at room temperature for more than 2 hours. If you leave cupcakes without frost, they can stay out for up to 3 days.
- Store: Put cupcakes in an airtight container for storage in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: You can also seal and freeze unfrosted cupcakes for up to 6 months. Let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight before freezing and serving.
Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line the 12 cup muffin tin with muffin chips.
Add pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until completely combined.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt into your bowl, and whisk until just combined.
Stir in crystallized ginger
Use a ¼ cup ice cream spoon to pour the dough into each liner.
Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Add cream cheese, butter, sour cream, vanilla extract and ground ginger to a mixer and whisk until light and fluffy, approx. 1 minute.
Add powdered sugar one cup at a time at the lowest speed setting until smooth and fluffy, approx. 2 minutes.
Add frosting to the spray bag and frost your cupcakes.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 61g | Vitamin A: 2664IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg