Maple Pecan Bars are the perfect crispy and buttery treat that just melts in your mouth! Made with brown sugar, maple, butter and topped with pecans.
These Maple Pecan Bars are the perfect ones Sweet treat with a similarly sweet, caramel-like taste to a perfect one Pecan pie. But you do not have to worry about a crust or anything. Just pour the pecan and maple syrup mixture into the 8 × 8 roasting pan and place it in the oven.
MAPLE PECAN STARS
Maple Pecan Bars are the perfect addition to any dessert table. It has the perfect balance with the buttery maple syrup mixture and the crispy pecan layer for a tough and crispy bar recipe that is completely irresistible. The deep rich maple syrup and taste of brown sugar make it a delicious autumn dessert or a wonderful holiday party.
This sweet pecan mix is inspired by a classic pecan pie. But this recipe makes for easy pecan pie bites that you can cut into squares and portions. The fantastic dessert is easy to transport in its square baking form, so you can take it with you to baking sales, parties and stews that everyone can enjoy.
For an even more decadent dessert, try dripping one Chocolate Ganache Topping about Maple Pecan Bars. The rich chocolate-like taste of the chocolate ganache top goes perfectly with the complex sweet and smoky flavors of maple, brown sugar and pecan. You can also serve Maple Bars with a scoop of Vanilla is to the perfect dessert bowl.
SEVERAL BAR RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING Maple-Pecan Bars
- Preparation time: Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F, and spray a square frying pan with nonstick spray. If you do not have cooking spray, you can also line the pan with a piece of baking paper.
- Pecan maple syrup mixture: Put softened butter in the microwave for a few seconds to melt it. Then pour butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and eggs into a large bowl. Whisk the butter mixture together until it is well combined in a sticky texture that resembles a traditional pecan pie filling. Then add flour and baking powder. Then stir until just blended, no need to overmix. Stir in ½ cup pecan halves to finish the dough.
- Cooking time: Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and use a knife or offset rubber spatula to spread it in a flat layer. Sprinkle the remaining pecan halves on top. Put the dish in the oven for 30 minutes baking time until the sticks have a dark golden color with a buttery and crispy consistency. Allow the dish to cool completely before cutting them into pecan pie chunks.
Create a free account for Save recipes
VARIATIONS ON MAPLE PECAN STARS
- Wheat flour: If you want to make the recipe a little healthier, try using wheat flour instead of universal flour. It will add some extra nutrients to the recipe without changing the overall taste too much.
- Mini maple pecan pies: Instead of baking it in one pan, you can make mini Maple Pecan Pies by baking the maple and pecan dough in muffin tins. Line the muffin tins with paper liner and pour the dough into about ¾ full. To add a crust, you can press a graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and pour the pecan and maple over the crust.
- Vanilla: To add a little vanilla flavor to the recipe, mix in a splash of vanilla or add the vanilla bean paste.
- Toppings and mixtures: For an easy and beautiful topping, try adding some flake salt over the top. The flaky salt will add a little bit of salty flavor to the sweetness and sparkle on top. You can also add cinnamon, toffee toppings, chocolate almonds, chocolate chips or walnuts.
- Crust: If you want to make a simple buttery crust for this recipe, you can make an easy graham cracker pie crust. To make the crust, add 1 cup of graham biscuits to your food processor. Then pulse in the food processor until they are in coarse crumbs. Pour the coarse crumbs into a mixing bowl with ⅓ cup sugar and 6 tbsp melted butter. Mix it all together into a crumbling dough. Then press the crumb dough down into the bottom of the pan for a smooth crust.
- Creamy chocolate hazelnut topping: for a delicious creamy chocolate hazelnut topping, you can just spread Nutella over the top of the bars before serving. Or to make your own, roast 1 cup of hazelnuts in a 375-degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Then remove the skin and transfer it to a food processor. Pulse to a paste. Then add 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate wafers to a heavy saucepan to melt over low heat. Mix hazelnuts, melted semi-sweet chocolate, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar together.
SEVERAL RECIPES PECANUT DESSERT
HOW TO STORE Maple-Pecan Bars
- Serve: If you have leftover bars after your holiday gathering, they stay good at room temperature for up to 3 days. Allow to cool after cooking, then place the rods in an airtight container lined with paper towels or cover them with aluminum foil.
- Store: Maple Pecan Bars also keep well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also put the rods in an airtight container with a piece of baking paper between each layer to freeze them for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish with baking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, melted butter, maple syrup and eggs together until well blended.
Add flour and baking powder until just blended.
Stir in half of the pecans.
Pour into ovenproof dish and distribute evenly.
Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the dough.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Cool completely before cutting.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 286IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg