The cookie is sweet, airy and easy to make. The simple dough made with pantry ingredients is baked to buttery perfection in 30 minutes.
The cookie looks more or less like one Classic pound cakehowever, there are some important differences between the two Dessert recipes. While Pund Cake and Butter Cake both use similar pantry ingredients, they use different proportions of them, so Butter Cake turns out to be a more airy and delicate cake than a rich and thick pound cake. Either is a simple and delicious vanilla cake that is perfect for any occasion.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this easy buttery cake with a sweet and smooth taste. The ½ cup of butter is mixed with the sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the rest of the ingredients one at a time to the buttery bottom. The butter and sugar mixture does a perfect job of making the cake moist so that every bite just melts in your mouth. Every full fork is absolute bliss!
An unfrozen butter cake is light, sweet and moist enough to make it taste deliciously plain. However, you can add a little icing, frosting or other fillings if you want a little extra flavor. Try adding a light layer of Buttercream, Cream Cheese Frostingor scooping Strawberry Topping over the soft cake.
This is the perfect cake to serve for a family dessert after dinner, or as a light tea cake. The airy, rich cake is perfect to enjoy with a mug of tea or coffee for a delicious afternoon snack.
More cake recipes
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT BUTTERCAKE
- Preparation time: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees, and spray an 8 × 8 inch cake tin with nonstick cooking spray so the cake is easy to remove after baking. If you do not have baking spray, you can lightly grease the mold with butter.
- Wet ingredients: Add butter at room temperature and granulated sugar to the stand mixer. Beat at high speed for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. It is important not to skip or shorten this step, otherwise you will not get the same amazing airy cake. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix until smooth. Then mix in the milk until it is evenly mixed.
- Dry ingredients: In a separate mixing bowl, sift universal flour, baking powder and salt together. Then slowly add the flour mixture to the rest of the cake batter. Keep the mixer on the lowest speed until it is evenly combined. Be careful not to mix the dough too much.
- Baking time: Pour the dough into the prepared baking tray and put it in the oven for 30-35 minutes. To check if the cake is done, stick a toothpick in the middle. When the toothpick is clean, take the butter cake out of the oven. Allow the hot cake to cool completely before cutting into slices and serving.
Create another free account Save recipes
VARIATIONS ON BREAKFAST
- Toppings: Biscuit is a classic and versatile recipe that you can enjoy plain or you can add a variety of your favorite toppings. Try adding a powdered sugar for a simple yet beautiful look. You can also add a fresh berry topping with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Or top it all off with a simple icing.
- Buttery sauce: Another option is to top the cake with homemade butter sauce. To make the sauce melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan. Then stir in 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water. Stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes until the mixture boils. Remove from the heat and serve sauce over the cake.
- Lemon Biscuit: For a little citrus flavor, add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the cake batter. You can also add a little lemon zest and decorate the cake with lemon slices.
- Bundle of cookie: If you prefer the shape of the bundle of cakes, you can bake the fluffy butter cake in mini bundle pans. It will make adorable mini cakes perfect for a party.
MORE VANILLA DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE THE BUTTERCAKE
- Serve: After baking, homemade cookies remain fresh for approx. 2 hours outside. To keep it moist, though, you’ll want to save any cake left over.
- Store: You can wrap the whole cake with aluminum foil or plastic foil, or cut the delicious cake into pieces for storage in an airtight container. Keep sealed, it will be good at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: To freeze the cookie, cut it into pieces and place them in an airtight container with the layers separated by baking paper. It lasts well for up to 6 months.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking tray with baking spray.
Add butter and sugar and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, approx. 3-4 minutes (do not abbreviate this).
Add eggs and vanilla until smooth.
Add milk at lowest speed setting until just combined.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
At the lowest speed setting, add the dry mixture until it is evenly combined.
Pour into the frying pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely before serving.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 306IU | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg